2 Kallang Avenue #07-18
CT HUB, 339407
According to the classification of functions, there are many types of food additives. Although there is some overlap because some additives have more than one effect. Here are some of the general common categories:
1. Preservatives: used to prevent or inhibit spoilage of food due to microorganisms. Sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, sulfur dioxide, lactic acid, and etc. are used in food processing such as jams and preserves. The food additives used in meat additives are most common, such as bacon additives, fish additives, ham additives, sausage additives.
2. Antioxidants: similar to preservatives, and they can extend the shelf life of foods by inhibiting the degradation of food by oxygen. Vitamin C is a common antioxidant.
3. Coloring agent: commonly used synthetic pigments include carmine, amaranth, lemon yellow, indigo, etc., which can change the appearance of food and increase appetite, Check meat food coloring if you want.
4. Thickeners and stabilizers: thickeners in food additives can improve or stabilize the physical properties of cold food and drink, and make the appearance of food smooth and delicate. The thickeners and stabilizers make ice cream and other frozen foods maintain a soft and loose structure for a long time.
5. Raising agent: Some candies and chocolates are added with raising agent, which can promote the production of carbon dioxide from the sugar body, thereby playing the role of leavening. Commonly used leavening agents are sodium bicarbonate, ammonium bicarbonate, compound raising agents and so on.
6. Sweeteners: commonly used synthetic sweeteners include sodium saccharin, sodium cyclamate, etc., whose purpose is to increase sweetness. Our e953 sweetener and sweetener e420 are processed with high quality.
7. Sour agent: Some beverages, candy, etc. often use sour agents to adjust and improve the fragrance effect. Commonly used sour agents are citric acid, tartaric acid, malic acid, lactic acid and so on.
8. Spices: There are synthetic and natural flavors. Various flavors are widely used in chocolates of various flavors that consumers often eat, giving it unique flavors.
9. Bleaching agent: In addition to bleaching, it also has antiseptic effects.
10. Color retention agent: In the process of food processing, in addition to using pigments to directly color the food, it is sometimes necessary to add an appropriate amount of color retention agent to make the product present a good color.