2 Kallang Avenue #07-18
CT HUB, 339407
Food coloring is a kind of coloring. It is a food additive that can be eaten in moderation by people and can change the original color of food to a certain extent.
1. According to source and structure: natural colorants and synthetic colorants
Edible natural colorants mainly refer to pigments extracted from animal and plant tissues, mostly plant pigments, including microbial pigments, animal pigments, and inorganic pigments. Most of it comes from plant tissues, especially fruits and vegetables. The safety of edible natural colorants is high, and some also have nutritional effects. The raw materials of synthetic colorants are mainly chemical products, and organic pigments are prepared through chemical synthesis. Now the food coloring for sale is more and more widespread.
2. According to solubility: fat-soluble pigments and water-soluble pigments
Food coloring is one of the additive ingredients. The fat-soluble pigment is a chemical substance, mainly including chlorophyll and carotenoids. Water-soluble pigments are the general term for color-forming substances that can be dissolved in water and generally refer to the oxidation products of anthocyanins, anthocyanins, and catechins.
1. Increase appetite: Meat food coloring is used for food coloring to make the color of food more attractive, thereby increasing appetite.
2. Promote digestion and absorption: Food coloring can increase the secretion of digestive juice, which is conducive to human digestion and absorption.
3. Improve sensory: In the process of natural food processing, food will fade or change color. Adding food coloring can change the color of food, thereby improving the sensory properties.
1. Natural pigments: can better imitate the color of natural objects, with a more natural hue; higher cost; short shelf life. Coloring is easily affected by metal ions, water quality, pH, oxidation, light, and temperature.
2. Artificial pigments: bright color, multiple tones, stable performance, strong coloring power, high fastness, easy to color, easy to use, low cost, and widely used.